The AFL season is drawing to a close but your Cadbury AFL 9s season is just about to begin with competitions kicking off from October 9 across Australia.
Cadbury AFL 9s is the Australian Football League’s fun, fast and exciting alternative version of the game.
It’s a great way to have fun with your friends playing a modified version of the traditional game in mixed, men’s or women’s competitions.
It’s a little bit different to the traditional game. Some of the key differences with AFL 9s include:
- It’s 9 a side on a smaller field with three zones
- Players must start in their zones but can then run anywhere
- Forwards are the only players permitted to score but players rotate between positions throughout the game
- In mixed competitions males score 6 points for a goal whereas females score 9 points
- There is no tackling, it’s ‘touch football’.
- A mark is awarded irrespective of the distance the ball has travelled.
- If the ball hits the ground it is an automatic turnover.
Most Cadbury AFL 9’s Spring competitions kick off in early October so rustle up some mates and come play!
Click here to find your nearest venue and register your team.
Or if you want to play but don’t have a team click here to register as an individual and we’ll help you find a team.
What is AFL 9s? View the short video below to give you an idea.